The Federation and the Alliance for Intellectual Property are convening this highly practical discussion on intellectual property that will address the main policy issues for the creative industries and help to demystify IP. This will include keynote speakers as well as two practical break-out sessions that will explain what you as a creator and/or owner of IP, can do to protect your rights and how you can unlock the value in your IP to grow your business. You will also get an update on the challenges and opportunities for our sector in relation to Brexit.
- William Bush, Executive Director, Premier League and Chair, Alliance for Intellectual Property
- Eddy Leviten, Director General, Alliance for Intellectual Property
- Sally Britton - Partner at Mishcon de Reya LLP
- Marianne Grant, Senior Vice President, Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA)
- Alex Connock, Managing Director, Endemol Shine North
- Alison Statham, Director of Operations, Anti-Counterfeiting Group
- Iain Spinks-Gillen, Internet Investigator, F.A.C.T.
- Rebecca Clayton, Director and Regional Valuations Leader, PwC
- Kiki Anadu, Senior Manager, Telecoms, Media and Technology Valuation, PwCGavin Terry, chartered trading standards practitioner
- Tony Pluckrose, Partner at Boult Wade Tennant
- Nick Kounoupias, CEO and founder of Kounoupias IP, Chief Counsel of ACID
The event will be held at Manchester School of Art, Manchester Metropolitan University, Benzie Building, Boundary St W, Manchester, M15 6BR.